2015/08/27

Day 169: Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation (August, 25)

Every movie in this series let me with a big smile on my face from the first notes in the theme song at the beginning till the last scene (that I've already forgot, obviously). Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation wasn't an exception. As a kid, I used to watch the TV show with my family in front of a black and white TV that, at its last days before the Color TV make an appearance at our home, had only sound and no image. But that never spoiled the fun for me. And to think that today I'd rather see a movie in a big screen with Dolby Digital in a good sound system. Silly old me.

I particularly like the 5 seconds of the auto destroying messages - that always has been my favorite part. And in this last installment, it has an unexpected element, that even take Ethan Hunt by surprise. 

Frenetic action, the usual conspiracy plot, nice dynamic between actors (and characters)... there's no way to be disappointed here, I think. Two hours of entertainment, with lots of popcorn and, let's not forget, the ever present smile related to cherished memories from another time.

Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation. Directed by Christopher McQuarrie.
With: Tom Cruise, Rebecca Ferguson, Jeremy Renner, Alec Baldwin.
Writers: Chrstopher McQuarrie, Drew Pearce from the television series
created by Bruce Geller. USA/Hong Kong/China, 2015, 131 min., Datasat/
Dolby Digital/Dolby Atmos, Color (Cinema).


No comments:

Post a Comment