2015/11/13

Day 243: Zombieland (November, 7)

Surfing the Netflix lists, I found out about a movie that for sure I've heard about, but to which I didn't give enough credit before. However, during the whole duration of Zombieland, I was surprised that it took me to long to reach this film.

It is so, so, so much fun. It is amazing, actually. And part of it is because of its cast. At the first line, on the voice of Jesse Eisenberg (his voice could be a character on a comic book too :), I was sure that it would be entertaining, sarcastic, clever, funny. Emma Stone and Woody Harrelson were great companions to Eisenberg. They are a match made in heaven - or, according to an inevitable pun, in the zombie's hell. The script is smart, and the many references to pop culture are not for nothing. They make this movie, granting it a place between the best comedy/horror movies I've seen. It is not a small feature, I guess.

And the bit about Bill Murray is, no doubt, already a classic. 


Zombieland. Directed by Ruben Fleischer. With: Jesse
Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Abigail Breslin.
Writers: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick. USA, 2009, 88 min.,
Dolby Digital/DTS/SDDS, Color (Netflix).

PS: Earlier on this day, I'd have seen a scene from Scouts Guide to The Zombie Apocalypse (which, by the way, I've watched today - yep, I'm really behind, sorry. Too much work, not enough time to post about the movies this week). So, it was fit that I would find Zombieland later, at night. Theme of the day: zombies. Gross, but not bad at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment