2015/11/27

Day 262: 5 to 7 (November, 26)


 
I will promise you this. Your favorite story, whatever it might be was written for one reader.


I could describe 5 to 7 as a fable. A beautiful, heartbreaking, adorable tale about love. Its scenario is very unlikely, and I'm sure it provokes contrary reactions on the viewers. After all, as the main character says at one point, judgement is what defines our society.

In me, it only brought a big sense of enchantment and admiration.

I couldn't stop smiling, crying a bit, laughing so hard. I was hooked since the first scene. The dialogues are witty, every bit of it would make a good quote for many situations in life. The characters are amazing - they are sweet, kind, smart, honest. I fell in love with them while they're were falling for each other. The main couple gentleness is so endearing, it was not a surprise that I couldn't hold my smile. Jane is another amazing character, a force of nature. This whole movie is a incontrolable force, by the way. A bursting dam disguised as a delicate jewel. Every bit of it is on display to be cherished, there's such incredible detais in it. It is a sight to behold.

It there's something in this world that goes against rules and conforming ways of living is love. I'm guessing here, but I think that Victor Levin doesn't believe marriage is a place of love - understanding, cohabitation, respect... ok. But love? No. Love is way too big to be enclosured inside such a social institution. Yes, there's amazing exceptions, and I'm very fortunate to know a few.As I am lucky to reach movies like this one. 

5 to 7. Directed and writter by Victor Levin. With: Anton Yelchin, Bérénice
Marlohe, Olivia Thirlby, Glen Close, Frank Langella, Lambert Wilson, Eric
Stoltz (<3). USA,  2014, 95 min., Dolby Digital, Color (DVD).



PS: Jessica Jones, season 1, episodes 11 e 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment