2015/12/07

Day 270: Tomorrowland (December, 4)

Tomorrowland is not nearly as bad as I've heard at the time its releasing on theaters. it is not super uber great, but I had a good time with it, along my niece at a night in which my place was packed with my favorite kids. We were tired, sleepy, but I had to see a movie, and they were game. Half of the party fell asleep halfway through the movie (thanks God, I though the youngest wouldn't never sleep). I was nodding off, but still interested in what would happen. And when we care about the story and characters, it is surely a good sign.

Tomorrowland was a project conceived by Walt Disney at the '50s, and the movie brings a lot of Disney's Easter eggs. I didn't identify them, But they are there - or so I've heard.

I reckon that this film was intended to be a huge success, and it wasn't. Maybe the problem resides in this aspect. Expectations, remember?The downfall in every stage of a movie production - the commercial included. Out of that realm, I could enjoy it just fine, having a good time with my niece, who loves this film. I had to remind her that I invited her to see it with me at the movies but she refused :) I'm not complaining, though. Today was a good occasion to watch it, during a happy time with my nephews.


Tomorrowland. Directed by Brad Bird. With: Britt Robertson, George Clooney,
Hugh Laurie. Writers: Brad Bird  et al. USA, 2015, 130 min., Dolby Digital/Dtasat/
Dolby Atmos/Imax 6-Track (Imax version)/Dolby Surround 7.1, Color (Cable).

No comments:

Post a Comment