2015/12/30

Day 291: Arthur Christmas (December, 25)

Merry Christmas, dear friends!!!!

Today's lunch was in my house this year, and it was pretty great. After a surprisingly good meal, we decided to see a film. I usually suggest Arthur Christmas for this day. And so it was.

I don't know why this movie is not better known. Most of my friends never saw it, and and it is a funny, endearing, amazing film for Christmas day. Usually we're with family on Christmas, and this movie depicts family relations in a delicate and precise manner. We laugh a lot (a lot, I promise), but we can also warm up to Arthur and his attempts to be truthful to Christmas meanings.

I saw this movie with my beloved niece when it was released on the theaters, and we had a great time together, as it was on this day. At first, she wanted to see other film, a "not-so-childish-animation", but she enjoyed it a lot, with me, her great-grandma and three of her older (and very hangover) cousins. It was amazing, even if I put the owen on fire while cooking pork for the night's party (that was great too). An eventful and happy day with a sweet and funny movie.

Just perfection (something that I would never had related to Christmas some time ago).


Arthur Christmas. Directed by Sarah Smith, Barry Cook. With: James
McAvoy, Jim Broadbent, Bill Nighy. Writers: Peter Baynham, Sarah Smith.
UK/USA, 2011, 96 min., SDDS/Datasat/Dolby Digital, Color/Animation (DVD).

PS: I love how Dash spends his Christmas Eve. A vision of heaven for me. I can relate to him a lot, despite the fact that I actually like Christmas and he doesn't. Lily's usual happy Christmas is no more, and this is a nice change for her, even if she still doesn't see it this way. She is the most sweet teenager I've ever seen, and she is finally finding in her reasons to be more than that, and it is nice to see. Great-aunt Ida is an amazing character, by the way <3 The club thing is great too - I've been planning to see a klezmer band in NY one day since I've read this part for the first time. And the reference to Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist makes me smile every time I read it.

BECAUSE I'M SO UNCOOL AND SO AFRAID. I thought, good for you, Uncool and so Afraid, you made it here anyway. Maybe that's half the battle?
(Lily, page 91).

The Cure. For the Exes. I'm sorry, Nick. Will you kiss me again?
(Lily, page 91).

PPS: If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to the post scriptum on Day 287 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment