2015/12/31

Day 292: Tango Libre (December, 26)

The main reason why I watched Tango Libre is François Demiens. His face and manners (so inadequate, I love it) lead to a vast roll of possible interesting characters. In here he is the best feature for sure.

The thing about tango and freedom is too loose to make a real impact unfortunately. It would be beautiful in its full potentiality. A way to freedom in a jail. But it is lost among a weak plot, one that could be so far beyond its easy compromise or confusing writing. The characters are so amazing - and so badly developed. 

There's not much to say. In a day that I was almost comatose (a happy vegetable, I must add), this movie didn't mean nothing but a slightly nice distraction. A sad fate for a film that could be a lot.


Tango Libre. Directed by Fréderic Fonteine. With: François Damiens,
Sergi López, Jan Hammenecker, Anne Paulicevich. Writers: Philippe
Blasband, Anne Paulicevich. France/Belgium/Luxembourg, 2012, 98 min.,
Dolby Digital, Color (Cable TV).

PS: So, December, 26th - not an eventful day. Dash meets his ex-girlfriend, Lily reencounter Edgar Thibaud, and I have to confess that I'm not happy with that at all (seriously). Who told them they could have a life before the red notebook? The good news is that we finally meet Dov and Johnny :)

"Oh, my,", Sofia said when I was through. "You think you've finally found the girl in your head."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, like most guys, you carry around this girl in your head, who is exactly who you want her to be. The person you think you will love the most. And every girl you are with gets measured against this girl in your head."
(Dash, page 102).

PPS: If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to the post scriptum on Day 287 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment