2016/01/15

Day 311: The Peanuts Movie (January, 14)

Awn <3


What a happy time at the movies. I was a bit cautious about The Peanuts Movie, because, you know, Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Woodstock, Schroeder, Linus, Peppermint Patty, Lucy... They're all precious, and it would be the ultimate heartbreak see it messed up. And I was a bit sad that it was released in Brazil after Christmas.

It wasn't, for my ultimate happiness. I had such a great time, a fixed smile on my face when I was not laughing out loud. My niece was a role model of patience - her aunt became a kid for 88 minutes and there was nothing she could do about other than enjoy characters that she haven't seen in animation yet (I couldn't believe it, I was sure I had gave her a Peanuts DVD and some books).

I just love Peppermint Patty, she is one of my favorite characters on the world along with  Calvin and Hobbes and Charlie Brown, who is an accurate portrait of childhood. Her obliviouness is fantastic. She is just like one of my lifetime friends, that would score a test without even knowing what it was about (she would sleep through all classes while we were slaving ourselves to even get a B or even a C...). Her smile face test is priceless. Curious fact: in portuguese, Marcie calls Peppermint Patty Meu, my nickname :) Just saying.

It was a shame that the movie theater was not good  - we intended to see it in a better auditorium, but the screening was canceled. So there we were, in a crowded movie theater, people talking no-stopping - they think they are in their living room, I swear. For that reason, I'm going to watch it again, but of course my motives go way beyond that. It is a movie to see many and many times, enjoying those cherished characters as much as we can.


The Peanuts Movie. Directed by Steve Martino. With: Noah Schnapp, Bill
Melendez, Hadley Belle Miller. Writers: Brian Shulz, Craig Shculz, Cornelius
Uiliano, from the comic strip by Charles M. Shculz.  USA, 2015, 88 min.,
Datasat/Dolby Surround 7.1/SDDS/Dolby Atmos, Color/Animation (Cinema).

PS: Fragments: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, one of the few movies I favor over the book. One day, at my mother's, i was studying at the dinner table when I suddenly heard Asleep, by The Smiths, playing. I went looking for it, and found out my 9 years old niece and 5 years old nephew watching The Perks... "Whoa, guys," I said "This movie is not for you. Let's choose something else?". Now my niece is 12 and I thought it would be ok if she saw it, when she asked if she could while spending some time at my house. She liked it, but I'm not sure what she made out of it - we still have to discuss it. I'm curious, because it is a sad and heartfelt story told by a delicate view.

1 comment: